Evangelism - 'Connections' Day 1 "Let's Get Serious"


Image : http://www.flickr.com


Evangelism, JESUS Centred, resources for the Christian Church. Biblical, Scripture audio for ideas. Witnessing skills for church builders, including youth and Evangelism.
As John the Baptist (quoting Isaiah 40) said: "Prepare the way for the lord, make straight paths for him"

'Connections', a 7 day "Everyday Evangelism" mini seminar.

Day 1: "Let's get serious"

I want to open with a question. Do you really know Jesus?
By this I mean do you have an intimate relationship with Him? Have you invited Him to be the Boss of your life? Do you know the God of the Bible who created you and all that is from the very beginning? Do you know really how much God loves you? Do you know He sent his only Son to die a hideous death for you and me so we could be with him forever? Do you know the Jesus that will return to take all His people to our true home to enjoy Him forever?

...Or do you only know ABOUT Jesus. There is A DIFFERENCE!
This is fundamental to everything I say here. The majority (if not the whole thing!) revolves around you introducing people to the Lord Jesus Christ. It's pretty hard to introduce people to somebody you don't know personally. Please, if you don't know our wonderful savoir and his intense love for you visit.

Knowing God and having an intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus is the single most important decision of our existence. I use 'existence' instead of 'lives' on purpose. I say existence because our answer to His call will go beyond this life. Our very existence is tied to our creator, regardless of what we believe. No matter who we are and what station we have here on earth, the day will come when we have to face God. On that day, everything we care and long for will pale into insignificance compared with God who now stands before us. Please, I urge you now, give your life to the Lord Jesus and follow Him!

If you know the Lord Jesus as your Lord and Savior, please read on. If we know how serious God is to connect with us, we will be driven to do the same with others. I say 'driven' not to scare you, but to encourage you. 'Driven' does not mean working 24 hours a day, seven days a week. 'Driven' does not mean feeling guilty because we could have squeezed more into our time. It also doesn't mean we must be crippled by constantly worrying about the quality of our performance. What it does mean is we never forget God. We revel in God's presence 24 hours a day. We actively thank Him and constantly look out for what He is doing. It also means we strive to give God our best, knowing He only gives us His best. It can mean many more things. God is our focus. We do our best to reflect Him. We strive to see people and His world through His eyes. We love passionately because we know we are loved beyond measure. We give our best because we are given the best. We know we are loved when the hands that flung stars into space let 9-inch nails be driven into them for us.

I came across an old Easter post here: post

There is a post from Lady Haleth. I hope she doesn't mind me quoting her here, but it really says it all.

Christ is risen; he is risen indeed!
He did all this for us, and what are we doing for Him? Just a thought. I saw The Passion on Thursday and... wow, my world is changing. Easter has come alive for me! In the words of the old song:

When I survey the wondrous Cross,

On which the Prince of glory died,

My richest gain I count but loss,

And pour contempt on all my pride.

Forbid it Lord that I should boast,

Save in the death of Christ my God,

All the vain things that charm me most

I sacrifice them to His blood.

See from His head, His hands, His feet,

Sorrow and love flow mingled down!

Did e'er such love and sorrow meet,

Or thorns compose so rich a crown?

Were the whole realm of nature mine,

That were a present far too small;

Love so amazing so divine,

Demands my soul, my life, my all.

Amen!!

Please meditate on the above words from Lady Haleth.

May God bless you in all your endeavors.

My parting thoughts for now:

Have you invited the risen Lord Jesus to be in charge of your life?


(Echoing Lady Haleth) If so, how has this changed the way you think?

Visit : Easter Product Store